Statistics suggest that as many as 95 percent of the businesses started in California today will not exist five years from now. Seemingly small decisions about ownership, financing and regulatory compliance can have a dramatic impact on the future of any company.
Corporate governance and regulatory compliance should not be an afterthought for the entrepreneur. They should be taken into account in the planning of any new venture. With the assistance of an experienced business and tax attorney, proper steps can be taken to ensure that your business is set up for success.
Planning Your Success: Entity Formation, Governance, Tax And Accounting
At the law firm of Janathan L. Allen, APC, based in San Diego, California, we can advise you regarding all aspects of corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Our team of attorneys and business experts can answer questions about:
- How accounting and tax play into any discussion about compliance
- Raising money to start a company
- The “Blue Sky Law” and other state and federal securities laws
- How to bring needed investment into your company without surrendering control or creating securities issues
- Taking a loan or gift from a friend
- The potential difficulties of pulling money out of an individual retirement account (IRA)
- Choosing the right kind of U.S. or foreign entity, and getting it set up correctly
- Getting audited by the IRS as a schedule C filer, which can prove to be highly problematic for some businesses
- Hiring contractors
Our lawyers can help you protect your interests while saving money and avoiding trouble.
Contact Janathan L. Allen, APC for a free consultation about your business matter. We offer a free initial consultation.